Since I am currently doing some changes and improvement on my sites, I will be sharing a brief about google page layout algorithm improvement. The recommendation of google page layout algorithm improvement will surely be helpful in providing quality search results for the users in looking for a quality content.
Google Page Layout algorithm imnprovement:
- When users click on the search results, content should be easily visible.
- Websites or blog having top of the page with ads to an excessive degree should improve their site by decreasing their ads or re-arranging their position on the page.
- Algorithmic change does not affect sites who place ads above-the-fold to a normal degree.
- Overall, publishers should continue to be to focus on delivering the best possible user experience on their websites and not to focus on specific algorithm tweaks.
Blogging is one of the easiest way to share, learn updated news and stories, connect and exchange ideas. For most blogging is the way to write down their personal journals but for some they do blogging while earning from it. I started blogging year 2010 with the aim of writing down my personal learning in life.
I was creating a static website but then decided to turn into blogging rather than focusing on my static website. A popular SEO blogger suggested that it would be best if I consider blogging because it is easier to manage and update contents compared to static website. So I did. It’s been two years now and I am happy with the outcome of my blogging. I have observed the progress of my blogging and now I wanted to share the basic tips in getting started with blogging.
Tips in getting started with blogging and earning
- Create a blog from blogger.com or wordpress. Blogger .com is free to use but your domain will be yourdomainname.blogspot.com. You can purchase a domain from google and use blogger.com or you can setup a self-hosted wordpress blog. The easiest way to practice is through blogger.com but if you have a friend that can teach you right away about setting up a self-hosted blog then do so.
- Publish a quality post everyday or as often as you like. Signup in social networks like facebook, twitter and google + then setup your blog with their platform. Start sharing your post.
- As a newbie blogger, a great way to learn in blogging is through blog hopping. Visit your favorite blogs, leave a comment and read what you can learn from them.
- Sign up for a paypal account and unionbank EON account. Paypal is the best option in receiving your online earnings and unionbank EON account is a great way to withdraw your money here in the Philippines.
- After one month, submit your website to major search engines like google, yahoo, bing or AOL.
- When you get your first google page rank, I think it is good to request for exchange links with your favorite blogs with the same niche.
- Based in my experience, it is best to monetize your blog after three months of having good quality post. Approximately after three months you will have 60- 90 published posts and already have a google page rank.
Always create quality post or article. The tips that I share are the basics in blogging and if your really wanted to pursue it, you have to be patient, hard working and positive. Good Luck!
A website without visitors is like a business without customers. In a business if you do not have customer that means no profit. How are you going to reach your target customers if your website is not searchable. The solution is search engine optimization. SEO or search engine optimization is a way of improving the visibility of a website in search engines improving site’s ranking and traffic through organic or algorithmic. Most businesses now consult search engine optimization company to help them drive the appropriate traffic to their websites.
search engine optimization company
As a site owner, it is important to apply search engine optimization because it will make your site more visible in search engines and it will increased your site’s ranking. With the good standing of your website, it will be more profitable if you are promoting your business. There are many SEO companies offering this kind of services and one of it is the Wpromote. I have checked their website and I think they proved techniques when it comes to search engine optimization services. In global ranking their website is in good ranking when I review it at alexa. Some of their SEO services that I like are Keyword Analysis, Search Engine Submissions, Optimized, Branded & Distributed Articles, Link Building Campaign, Manual Directory Submissions, Social Bookmarking and Mobile Site Optimization Consulting. Managing SEO alone is truly a tedious job. With their help you can save time and you can focus more on the products that you are promoting to earn bigger profit.
As a website/ blog owner, I have been monitoring the statistics of my different blogs. I am super busy with my work at home online and being a full time mom. So how do I do it?
To monitor my site’s statistics, I installed statcounter and google analytics. Usually I used to check the statistics at statcounter. I am so thankful that 60- 80% of the traffic sources of my blogs came from organic search. That means that it came from different search engines. I just wanted to share simple basic tips in increasing your blog traffic.
Tips in increasing your blog traffic
- Publish articles/ post at least 3 to 5 times a week.
- Create informative and useful articles or post that might be helpful to your readers.
- Optimize your website/blog. You may try this optimization with your wordpress theme.
- Add your website or blog to popular social network like facebook, google +, twitter, google friend connect for blogger, etc. The more likes, followers, circles or readers you have will result in more network traffic to you.
- If you cannot create an article or post, look for your old published articles or post in your site and use the share button to spread this article to your network.
- Join network groups and forum. In this group, you may share your website and you can find someone with the same interest that may become your regular reader.
I have been seeing cute emoticons and smileys in facebook. I was not really into chatting in facebook but I wonder how these facebook emoticons and smileys appear on message or chat box. I did some research and I tried to apply some of the facebook emoticons and smileys. I tested the list of symbols of facebook emoticons by sending a message to myself using them. The photo below is the outcome.
facebook emoticons and smileys
The list of symbols for facebook emoticons and facebook smileys are as follow:
Smile 🙂 : -) or : ) or :] or =)
Frown 🙁 : -( or : ( or :[ or =(
Heart Kiss <3
Tongue 😛 or 😛 or :-p or :p or =P
Grin 😀 or 😀 or =D
Gasp :-O or :O or 😮 or 😮
Wink 😉 or 😉
Glasses 😎 or 8) or B-) or B)
Sunglasses 8-| 8| B-| B|
Grumpy >:( or >:-(
Uncertain :/ or :-/ or :\ or :-\
A devil 3:) or 3:-)
An Angel O:) or O:-)
Man’s face :putnam:
Curly Lips :3
Upset >:O or >:-O or >:o or >:-o
Pacman :v :v
Robot face :|]
I will add this cute facebook emoticons for a change in my post in fb for a change.
Tweet, Like, Google +1 and Share Plugin in wordpress is one the very simple social share plugin with just 4 social icons. With less social icons there will be lesser load on pages and it will load much faster. I have tried to use this for almost half a year now and I like the good effects on my blogs.
- Tweet, Like, Google +1 and Share wordpress Plugin
When you install this plugin, there is a default settings but you can change it to the way you like it to appear on your page. In the photo above, I place the script in the header, change the size of the icons to small and set to left aligned. It is loading fast and whenever I do not have new post, I just share my old blog post so that my blog readers and other readers will be updated to other post that might be helpful to them.
WordPress release version 3.3 last December 13,2011. It is important to update your site to the newest version of wordpress to keep your website secure, to update compatibility with new plugins and also get to use the newest features of wordpress.
A day after the release of WordPress 3.3, I updated my wordpress self-hosted blog to new version. Before I updated the wordpress version, I make sure to it that I have created a backup of my blog. A day after the update when I tried to access my wordpress login, it is showing reset password and only a white blank page. I tried to login using different browsers like Internet explorer, firefox mozilla and google chrome but the same error is showing up.
I tried to call my webhosting company but we found out that there is no problem at their end. We found out that there is an issue after the wordpress update. I search for a resolution and I have found some saying that “PopUp Domination” plugin is causing the problem. Since I do not have PopUp Domination plugin, I decided to check each plugin but the question is how if I cannot login. Let me share what I did to resolve this issue.
How to fix the Call to undefined function is_rtl() Error: on wordpress?
Rename the “plugins” folder under wp-contents to a different name like “plugins8”. It will disable all your plugins at once allowing you to login. You can rename the plugins by logging in to your web hosting control panel or access the FTP files and folder.
- Access your web hosting control panel or FTP files and folder.
- Go to your wp-contents folder on your wordpress installation.
- Rename the “plugins” folder under wp-contents to a different name like “plugins8”.
- Now try to login to the admin dashboard on your site. This time you will be allowed to login.
- When you logon, Click on installed plugins. You will see the list/s of the plugins that may have cause the errors. In my case, the login-lock caused the error so I renamed it to a different name.
- Rename the plugin folder back to “Plugins”. On your wordpress admin dashboard, activate each plugin one by one to find the one that is causing the error.
I have found out that login-lock is causing the problem so this should not be activated. Also, All in One SEO Pack is showing an error “Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.”
There are times that after the wordpress upgrade, software will not work correctly. It is always best to backup the data in your site and read user reviews who already did the upgrade.
I would like to share another topic that was discussed in blogger fiesta 2011 by Marlon De Guzman. It is about securing your blog.
How to protect your blog?
- Encrypt your login.
- Secure your username and password.
- Record and login activitities.
- Remove unwanted login.
- Remove WP version details.
- Backup your blog.
- Regular security scan latest version.
There are lots of ways to secure your blog but hackers always find a way to hack so it is best to always update our blog with these things and with other various ways.
Again, I would like to share what I have learned from the second blogger fiesta 2011 that I have attended. In my previous post I have shared about how to “optimize SEO in your wordpress theme”. For the benefit of those who haven’t attended the blogger fiesta let me share the “Brand building basics for Bloggers” by Speaker Jonel Uy. Continue reading
I would like to share the basic optimization that is recommended for your wordpress theme. Although I knew already some of the search engine optimization that I have done with my esupermommy.com blog, I still learned a lot from the speakers of the second blogger fiesta. The second blogger fiesta happened last August 20, 2011 at SM cyberzone, North Edsa Quezon City.
The speaker for “Optimizing SEO wordpress” is Mr. Jhong Medina of http://www.qlickcafe.com/. He shared some of his tips in better optimization of wordpress. Let me share his tips and my suggestions for optimizing SEO in wordpress. Continue reading