I would like to share the basic optimization that is recommended for your wordpress theme. Although I knew already some of the search engine optimization that I have done with my esupermommy.com blog, I still learned a lot from the speakers of the second blogger fiesta. The second blogger fiesta happened last August 20, 2011 at SM cyberzone, North Edsa Quezon City.
The speaker for “Optimizing SEO wordpress” is Mr. Jhong Medina of http://www.qlickcafe.com/. He shared some of his tips in better optimization of wordpress. Let me share his tips and my suggestions for optimizing SEO in wordpress.
Optimize SEO wordpress
- Select a SEO-friendly wordpress theme. Select a wordpress theme that is appealing to users as well as search engines. The theme should have proper distribution of headline tags on different post and pages like
tags. Some of the free seo- friendly wordpress theme I have found are amazing grace by Vladimir Prevolac and some wordpress themes by templatelite.
- Register your blog to search engines. Submit your site to search engines like google, yahoo and bing. Make use of the google webmaster, yahoo site explorer and bing webmaster tool.
- Install seo plugins. If your theme is not yet SEO ready, you may install All-in-one SEO plugin.
- Optimize your contents or posts. Make use of the general settings, permalinks, tags and categories, Images and interconnect your post and content. Optimize your post by embedding your keywords on title tag, meta description tag, meta keyword’s tag,
- Test also the loading time of your website or blog. You may test the load page of your web page through http://tools.pingdom.com/.