I opened a Unionbank EON Account last year in preparation for my online transactions to buy and sell and I was happy with my experience with my Unionbank EON account.
With my Unionbank EON account, I was able to use it in my online transactions such as buying domains from godaddy.com, withdrawing my paypal funds that was linked or verified with my EON Unionbank account and many other online transactions.
What are the requirements to open an EON account?
- Two Valid ID’s (two photocopies)
- Bring any utility bills also if you were asked
- Php 350.00 (Annual Payment when you get the card)
- Php 100 or more as an initial deposit for your account
You have to fill up the application form and make sure that you will provide correct information. If you are going to use the EON Unionbank account with your Paypal account, the address that you will use in the EON should be the same with the address in your paypal account. It would take three to seven days to get your EON Unionbank card depending on the bank branch.
Php 100Â as an initial deposit for your account is suggested so you can easily verify and link you EON account with your paypal because Php100 will be charge into your PayPal account but it will be refunded within 24 hours after you confirm your card.
How to create a Paypal Account?
Here are the steps on how to open or create a paypal account:
- Create a paypal account then click on sign-up today.
- Choose for the paypal account type: Personal, Premiere or business account depending on what’s applicable to you. In my case, I choose Paypal Premier account because I buy and sell online. Also choose your country or region from the drop-down button. Then Click on Get Started button on the Paypal account type that you would like to create.
- Enter your information page will show once you click on Get Started. Fill up the form. You can skip to link your credit card because you can still link it at a later time but if you wanted to shop right away you can just simply link your credit card. In my case, I didn’t link any credit card but I just link my bank account right after creating my paypal account because I think first for the best bank account that I can link with my paypal for the ease of transaction. Also read on the user agreement first then click on Agree and Create an Account.
- You will be asked to verify your account by adding a credit card or debit card but you can skip this stage if you are not yet sure on what card to link and you can link your card at a later time. If you will be adding the card, a Verfication Program are necessary to be eligible to withdraw paypal funds. In my case I use my Unionbank EON card to link with my paypal account.
- Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the confirmation link sent by Paypal to the email address that you use to register in your paypal account. Once you have successfully created a paypal account, you may view the account overview page with your name, email address and account status. Your account status will be verified when you successfully link any of your card with paypal.
- Voila! You now have a paypal account that you can use to buy, shop and sell online.
Next post: How to link your card to paypal account