Here are the steps on how to open or create a paypal account:
- Create a paypal account then click on sign-up today.
- Choose for the paypal account type: Personal, Premiere or business account depending on what’s applicable to you. In my case, I choose Paypal Premier account because I buy and sell online. Also choose your country or region from the drop-down button. Then Click on Get Started button on the Paypal account type that you would like to create.
- Enter your information page will show once you click on Get Started. Fill up the form. You can skip to link your credit card because you can still link it at a later time but if you wanted to shop right away you can just simply link your credit card. In my case, I didn’t link any credit card but I just link my bank account right after creating my paypal account because I think first for the best bank account that I can link with my paypal for the ease of transaction. Also read on the user agreement first then click on Agree and Create an Account.
- You will be asked to verify your account by adding a credit card or debit card but you can skip this stage if you are not yet sure on what card to link and you can link your card at a later time. If you will be adding the card, a Verfication Program are necessary to be eligible to withdraw paypal funds. In my case I use my Unionbank EON card to link with my paypal account.
- Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the confirmation link sent by Paypal to the email address that you use to register in your paypal account. Once you have successfully created a paypal account, you may view the account overview page with your name, email address and account status. Your account status will be verified when you successfully link any of your card with paypal.
- Voila! You now have a paypal account that you can use to buy, shop and sell online.
Next post: How to link your card to paypal account