This post is supposed to be published last March after I attended a Google Adsense webinar. I am so thankful that I was invited to be part of the adsense webinar and I have learned so many things about the brief Adsense policy and most importantly on Google Adsense staying compliant.
Google Adsense is a great income source and has been very helpful to their publishers and advertisers through the years. Aside from getting a good income from them as a publisher, we should always remember to stay compliant to their products and services. To maintain and promote quality products and services, google adsense have certain policies that a publisher should follow.
In behavioral policy, being a publisher of Google Adsense- encouraging Clicks on google adsense is not allowed and not recommended.
Example of encouraging clicks are text showing
- “Please support us” pointing to google adsense ads
- Mislabeling Ads
- Putting the Ads under sponsors
What to avoid in placing Google Adsense?
- Align images with ads – Ads may appear to be part of the image shown in the post which is confusing for the reader that it is actually an Ad.
- Choose a site layout that pushes the content below the fold – Avoid placing the google adsense ads above the fold. Content should always be visible and easy to navigate for the user.
Recommendation in Monitoring & Filtering Content
- Perform human evaluation before placing ad code on the site’s pages
- Create a content fitering sys and keep refining.
- URL filtering – on top of keyword filter create a URL filter to prevent ads
- Put a Captcha in place to prevent spam
- Add a “report a violation” link to all pages with user-generated content.
- Do a site search on own website to find bad words & images. To do this type the site, followed by website name
- Remove google ads for 2 days after the page is edited
- Remove google ads for 24 hours afer a page is reported (to allow time to be deleted)
- Allow trusted users to remove bad content
- Use automatic detection : the detection of pornography and the detection of inappropriate content
Having a clean and family safe network is very important to google adsense and they already have a large number of people dedicated to fighting abuse and expect the same commitment from their publishers.
For more information about google adsense, please visit adsense.blogspot.com. I will share the most frequently asked questions about google adsense and their answers in my next post. Stay tuned!