Voting for the new 7 wonders of nature will be ending tomorrow, November 11 so you better cast your vote now. I am encouraging everyone to please include Puerto Prinsesa Underground river as one of your votes in the new 7 wonders of nature.
Last November 8, I already voted my picks for the new 7 wonders of nature. There are 28 finalists from different countries. It was so hard to choose for the best 7 because most entries are beautiful and amazing. I just pick the best 7 that I think unique and incomparable.
The new 7 wonders of nature that I voted:
- Puerto Prinsesa Underground River (Philippines). The underground river is reputed to be the world’s longest. Of course this is my top choice. Philippines is where I came from and I love my country. It is truly amazing and unique. I have watched the photo videos of Puerto Prinsesa underground river and all I can say is WOW.
- Amazon Rainforest (Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guyana, Peru, Suriname, Venezuela). The Amazon represents over half of the planet’s remaining rainforests and comprises the largest and most species-rich tract of tropical rainforest in the world.
- Great Barrier Reef (Australia, Papua New Guinea).
The planet’s largest coral reef system, with some 3,000 individual reefs and 900 islands stretching for 2,600 km over an area of approximately 344,400 square km. It is the biggest single structure made by living creatures and can be seen from outer space.
- Iguazu Falls (Argentina, Brazil). One of the world’s largest waterfalls.They extend over 2,700 m (nearly 2 miles) in a semi-circular shape. The shape is a wonder for me.
- Grand Canyon (USA). This is a wonder for me because it is created by the Colorado River over a period of 6 million years. It is 446 km long, ranges in width from 6 to 29 km and attains a depth of more than 1.6 km. Also, during prehistory, the area was inhabited by Native Americans who built settlements within the canyon and its many caves.
- Vesuvius (Italy). It is the only volcano on the European mainland to have erupted within the last hundred years, although it is not currently erupting. What makes me wonder is that it is regarded as one of the most dangerous volcanoes in the world.
- Jeita Grotto (Lebanon).The cathedral-like vaults full of various sizes, colors and shapes of stalactites and stalagmites, majestic curtains and fantastic rock formations in the compound of crystallized cave makes me truly wonder.
There you have it. Isn’t it amazing and wonderful? How about you? What are your vote for the new 7 wonders of the nature?
Info and photo credit to : www.new7wonders.com.