After almost five years, I finally bought a new cellphone/smartphone. Although I also have an extra Samsung cellphone given by my husband, when it comes to durability I still prefer my old cellphone Sony Ericsson. I have been using Sony Ericsson K610i since 2006 and it never let me down until now. My Sony Ericsson K610i is the smallest 3G phone in the year 2006. Although my old cellphone is still 100% functional, I decided to buy a new one because I need a cellphone with extra features that would be a great help for a super work-at-home mom like me. Smartphone technologies are really in demand in the new generation.
The features that I am looking for in consideringÂ smartphone are the connectivity features like wifi internet ready, Bluetooth, 3G, Mail features that I can sync my email from personal computer, updates stream for news and many other important features.
Last January, I posted here about my durable Sony Ericsson Cellphone and last year I also shared that I am planning to buy a new Sony Ericsson Aspen Mobile Phone.Â Things have change so I choose to buy the HTC wildfire smartphone.
The color of my HTC wildfire smartphone is red same with the color of my old phone. In the photo below you will see my new HTC Wildfire Smartphone and the old Sony Ericsson K610i.
|HTC Wildfire Smartphone and Sony Ericsson K610i
The photo below is my New HTC Wildfire Smartphone. When we visited HTC branch in SM North Edsa Cyberzone at The Annex, there is a promo price for this phone which cost Php 12, 000 plus for cash price and it would cost almost Php 15, 000 if you are going to use a credit card to purchase the phone.
|HTC Wildfire Smartpho
I am still trying to explore the great features of the HTC Wildfire Smartphone and I will share the phone review possibly after a week of usage of this phone.
It is almost five years since I started using my Sony Ericsson k610i cellphone and I am very happy with these cellphone and it never disappointed me. As technology arises, there are lots of innovations and models available in the market. Since I am not the type of person who is fond of buying new gadgets or even cellphones, I have used this cellphone since year 2006 and my hubby just gave me another cellphone last year which is Samsung brand and it became my regular cellphone since it is postpaid but this cellphone is not that durable compared to my Sony Ericsson phone. Sadly, it malfunctions this new year and I don’t want to waste my time to repair this phone since the value of the phone easily depreciate so now I am back using my Sony Ericsson K610i.
- Sony Ericsson K610i Mobile Phone
I am really planning to purchase a new phone before the 2010 ends as I share a post about Sony Ericsson Aspen Mobile Phone but because there is an advancement of our family goal for the first quarter of 2011 which happened last December 2010 I decided to move the date to purchase a new phone. When it comes to budget, I am really thrift and I wanted a single centavo to be spend wisely so I am still balancing our family budget for that although I always have extra money but savings should always go to savings which is very important for my family and there is always a right time and budget for other extra things or pleasure.
For now I would still enjoy using my Sony Ericsson K610i. The simpleÂ features of Sony Ericsson K610i that I often used are it’s very nice organizer, easy messaging, super easy to use camera with 2.5X digital zoom, video and voice recording which is very clear, bluetooth connectivity, very nice sound when playing music, web browser when I need an immediate research, design of wallpaper which is in this year the honeysuckle reddish pink and the color of this phone is red which symbolizes love, luck and vibrant.
My husband and I will be replacing our old phone to a new one since I have been using my old Sony Ericsson K610i for more than three years now and another Samsung mobile phone for my other numberÂ for almost a year. I am not the type of person that is fond of buying new gadgets or mobile phones for pleasure because I only buy these things if it is a necessity or has relevance use to my work just like my husband but we really like innovations and good technologies. We decided to buy a new mobile phone this coming December and he suggested to me the Sony Ericsson Aspen mobile phone. One of the best specifications that I like in this product is that it is environment-friendly phone because some of the materials used in the phoneÂ are the recycled plastics and waterborne paint which help reduce the impact on the environment. Since I am a work-at-home mom with a regular online job, I have choosen the best features of a phone fitted for my needs. The image below is the actual phone design and color that I will buy this December. The information listed below are courtesy of Sony ericsson website and I just make a summary and listed its relevance for my phone review.
Eco-friendly phone Sony Ericsson Aspen
Available Colors: Iconic Black and white silver.
Sizes: – 117.0 x 60.0 x 12.45 mm and – 4.6 x 2.4 x 0.5 inches.
Weight: 130.0 gr, 4.6 oz.
Screen: 240 x 320 pixels (QVGA)
Memory: Phone memory 100 mb may vary due to phone pre-configuration.
Micro SD support (up to 16GB)
Networks: GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
Here are the features of Sony Ericsson Aspen that suits me to choose this phone:
- Connectivity – WIFI, USB support, USB mass storage, bluetooth, synchronization, aGPS, microsoft office mobile, google maps, 3.5 mm audio jack, micro USB connector and Gokivo. I very much like most of these features but the top three connectivity that are most important to me are the WIFI, bluetooth and microsoft office mobile.
- Communication – outlook mobile, facebook application, vibrating alert and speaker phone. Outlook mobile and the vibrating alert are the top important feature for me.
- Messaging – text messaging (SMS), predicitive text input, picture messaging (MMS), Instant messaging, Exchange Active sync and email. The top messaging features that are most important for me are the SMS, Instant messaging and email so wherever I am I can have full access and control to all of my messages.
- Web – Web browser Internet Explorer mobile, Pan and zoom, google search, web feeds and bookmarks. Web browser Internet explorer and google search are the top web features for me.
- Camera -Â Digital zoom up to X4, camera – 3.2 mega pixel and a smart contrast. All of the camera features was fine with me.
- Organizer – Windows mobile, task, phonebook, notes, flight mode, calendar, calculator and alarm clock. These features are fine with me as I don’t like too many organizer features that I really don’t use.
- Music – Play Now, Music tones, Windows media player mobile, stereo speakers, media player, bluetooth stereo (A2DP) and album art. I am not really fond of playing music with my mobile phone because my little son will be attracted to it and he might want to play with it and may damage the phone but I would love to use this music features when I am away of just relaxing alone.
- Design – Keyboard – QWERTY, touchscreen, wallpaper animation and picture wallpaper. Since touchscreen are in nowadays for more ease and comfortability, I would love to be using this feature.
The price of Sony Ericsson Aspen phone when I inquire at Sony Ericsson Center at the mall as of September 2010 is approximately Php 16, 000 plus (approximately $364). There are other eco-friendly phones or greenheart phones made by Sony Ericsson and since I support green projects and products, I will definitely buy this phone.